Precision dairy farming and social eco-tourism in rural area of Piedmont (Piemont Region- Italy)
The pilot area is in the province of Cuneo, in the Piedmont region in a rural area near Cuneo, in the third largest province of Italy and is typical for agricultural production (fruits and vegetables) and for farming. "I Tesori della Terra" is a small-size farmer cooperative based that produce dairy organic products and is involved in social farming by contributing to social inclusion of person with handicaps and person with disadvantages.
The Pilot Site, classified in the Rural Development Programmes (RDPs) as Rural Areas under development, that present relevant problems related to abandon and isolation and are burdened by accessibility problems, administrative and production fragmentation. Piemonte’s RDP aims is perform actions related to restoring, preserving and enhancing agriculture and forestry ecosystems as well as on improving the competitiveness of agriculture.
AURORAL will enhance Piedmont Pilot Site to restore, preserve and enhance agriculture and forestry ecosystems as well as on improving the competitiveness of agriculture.
The digitalization of agriculture, farming and rural areas to leverage the potential to increase farm efficiency, while improving economic and environmental sustainability of the agricultural sector to:
• Increase animal welfare as crucial aspect of dairy farm process, including feelings and health.
• Improving life quality and empower rural communities by enhancing Precision Livestock Farming (PLF) as key technology to satisfy the increasing demand while reduces environmental impact, diminish usage of resources.
• Reduce environmental impact, diminish resource use and increase animal welfare while intensifying productivity.
• Enhance Social agriculture to promote a biodiversity-based agriculture model by combining actions for reduction in environmental impacts and actions devised to increase social cohesion.
Integrate eco-camping opportunities, as main driver for social tourism, with local education opportunities for vulnerable people to actively integrate them in their rural communities.
• Increased job offering and opportunities to ensure integration of people with difficulties in their community and carrying out actions aimed at generating benefits to their rural areas.
• Enhanced farm efficiency with increased animal welfare while improving economic and environmental sustainability of the agricultural sector based on digitalized commodities for product and service exchange.
• Developed (digitalized) rural business as key for life quality of rural communities to contribute to rural re-population.
• Developed biodiversity-based agriculture model as social innovation solution by combining actions for reduction in environmental impacts and actions devised to increase social cohesion.
Enhanced eco-camping for social tourism integrated with education aspects, like environmental sustainability, to stimulate vulnerable people’s independence and personal development based on active collaboration and help on the farm activities.