Improving public service of energy advisory in rural area: an open-access smart tool (Sweden)
Region Västerbotten is the second largest region by surface area in Sweden, the region consists largely of rural areas, being more sparse and rural than most other regions in Europe. It is classified as a non-metropolitan region with a predominantly rural profile and is divided into 15 municipalities, 14 of which can be considered as rural areas.
In rural area of Region Västerbotten, ageing of the existing houses in the rural area provides an excellent opportunity to carry out energy efficient renovation. As a national survey revealed that homeowners living in rural areas are more willing to perform energy renovations but there is a lack of knowledge regarding energy efficiency measures and their potential energy savings.
AURORAL will enhance collaboration between member of sparse communities to demonstrate the energy benefits of local energy markets.
Data will be provided by Swedish Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs), Geographic Information System (GIS), Swedish National Land Survey, and local energy authority and integrated into a consistent database.
Solve the loss of physical service around the rural areas and overcome the long distances by providing digital solutions to improve such services in rural areas by:
• Develop of an open-access smart tool to enable “energy advisory” services for rural areas based on Big Data analytics to enable rural integration and cooperation.
• Provide additional energy efficiency knowledge related to savings and support investments in alternative energy efficiency measurements to intensify resource sharing.
Enhance energy data providers (stakeholders like homeowners, municipal energy advisors and companies) with additional benefits to reinforce data availability.
• Enabled municipal authorities to provide energy advisory in rural areas to overcome the limitations of long distances and limited resources and provide better service overcoming the restriction.
• Promote the transition to renewable energy in rural area with the usage of an open-access smart tool to share energy saving and investment cost of facilitate the adoption of renewable and energy efficient measures.
• Enhanced digital transformation of the rural area.
Boost the development of small local renovation companies in rural areas.