Home-based empowered Wellbeing and Health Service in the Arctic (Norway)
The pilot aims to demonstrate how medical supplies and services can be offered to residents of rural regions by aerial drones. The region is recognized by settlements scattered over several islands, separated by mountains and valleys, difficult weather conditions, tall waves, or blocked access due to landslides or avalanches. Weather conditions may delay deliveries in case of emergency or requests for assistance. Local authorities and SMEs will supply key services such as logistics and management.
The use case area covers Hålogaland region featuring settlements, fishing communities and small farms, scattered in nearby islands, near the seashore and in fertile hills.
AURORAL will support the forward-looking services and contingency plans put forward by the local authorities in the Hålogaland region to support a continued way of life in rural settlements, fishing communities and small farms in the vulnerable arctic region of Northern Norway.
Bridge the gap between supply and demand of services, shorten delivery time and increase access to services such as small commodities, medical supplies, and value-added services such as medical check-ups and situation awareness in order to:
• Improve medical supplies with field kits for testing COVID-19 and provide healthcare in case of gallstone, kidney stone, diabetes, and epilepsy.
• Enhance accessibility to resources in case of emergencies through improved distribution logistics mainly focused on small electrical vehicles (e.g. drones).
• Support local communities ensuring the continued existence of a way of life and culture.
• Support new industries and services preparing them for the future and new opportunities that arise.
Stimulate local entrepreneurship for innovative services to be offered to local communities.
• Developed strategy for the digital infrastructure and technological expertise to improve availability of services in rural areas and support regional contingency plans.
• Provided the horizontal common context for the integration of existing services providers to enhance rural markets as mechanism for exchange of products and services.
• Consolidated and enhanced data awareness to enable creation, collection, sharing and cross-utilization of data for identification of innovative rural services.
• Harmonization of digitalization status on different sectors to provide the sparse population with service provision economically attractive.
• Integration of existing platforms and equipment through adoption of common interoperability standards and tools.
• Increased data availability and data management tools to have a holistic digital representation of the territory and its different activities.
Enhance eco-friendly tourism by offering relevant services to visitors.